What You Can Expect
We take pride in the details and presentation, we will go above and beyond to make your experience amazing.
We are passionate and determined and we personally know the sacrifices given by dancers, families, choreographers, teachers and directors.
We want to honor those sacrifices by providing a top-notch competition where your efforts are rewarded.
We build a positive team and family spirit and we want every dancer to feel accomplished, knowing how much hard work they have put into preparing for competition.
We want to form a personal relationship with all studios and dancers. We want you to be a part of the World Dance Championship.
The purpose of the “World Dance Championship” International Dance Competition is to bring in the attention of the community the beauty of dancing and its role in the aesthetics’ education of young people.
Up until this point “World Dance Championship“ has grown to a mature brand. 2019 will be the 9th year of greatness in a row. Keeping this concept long-running it´s mandatory to reinvent yourself over and over again.
The International Dance Competition is held in Rome on annual basis under the motto “Everyone can dance on the world“ and gives participants the opportunity to meet other young people from all over the world in master classes, seminars and competitions.
The main aim of the Competition is to support and increase the popularity of dancing. Besides an international exchange exploring the different forms of dance aesthetics and artistic styles, the Competition will provide an insight into the spectrum and variety of dancing. The crowning event of the World Dance Championship will be the international gala where the best solo artists, duos and groups, winners of World Dance Championship and winners of the preceding years will receive the opportunity to perform in front of an audience and respectful judges.
We expect even more than the 1800 people from all over Europe who were part of our amazing 2018 event. Our competition targets both aesthetical axes, promoting the diversity and plentitude of dancing styles.
The World Dance Championship, International Competition is a place not simply to be judged, but to share ideas. As a performer, you give of yourself out on stage. As part of an audience you receive the gifts the dancer provides. During a competition, you are provided not only feedback but inspiration from those around you also striving to create. Watching others take on choreography or work or musical interpretation is the greatest way of expanding your world of dance. Invariably, the dancers come back to the studio refreshed and ready to work harder begging to try new things and building off ideas that were shared.
That’s what we provide at World Dance Championship to make a supportive and positive atmosphere where dancers perform, celebrate each others’ visions and talents, and leave with more than what they brought to competition.
- The schedule will be announced by the organizers 7 days before the competition, and displayed backstage.
- If there are dancers that are competing in more than one section and require supplementary time, send a request to the organizers from the contact form
- A choreographer can represent a maximum number of two creations, but with different choreographies.
- During the Festival, the competitors must be present backstage 5 minutes before entering the stage.
- Every person that will have access in the institution must respect competitive discipline rules, have an adequate behavior that will not lead to physical or moral injuries to any competitor within the event.
- Access to the stage and backstage is limited, allowed only for dancers and coordinators (teacher, coach, maximum 2 parents for a group / formation)
- Photographing and filming the dancers during the competition is strictly forbidden. There is a certified company from which photos / videos can be acquired by those interested.
Click here: Registration